The Antillean Adventist Hospital of Curacao, an island of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea, is a 100-bed hospital offering advanced medical care to the island community. Curacao is known for its beaches tucked into coves and its expansive coral reefs rich with marine life. Curacao is abundant with water sports, sightseeing, great food, and joyous people. If you are looking for a new challenge in a delightful environment then this may be your chance.
Reporting:The Antillean Adventist Hospital (AAH) IT Director will report to the CFO.
Activities:The IT Director will be responsible for providing network, server, and desktop administration services to include:
- Responding to requests for help from the hospital staff
- Conducting user training as needed by hospital staff
- Conducting user account management (creating accounts, assigning privileges, disabling accounts, etc.)
- Performing all server and network administration tasks
- Performing server, application, telephone system backups
- Conducting troubleshooting
- Ensuring that security mechanisms are functioning properly
- Ensuring business continuity and coordinating crash recovery
- Developing and maintaining IT Policies for the hospital
- Developing and executing the IT strategic plan for the hospital
- Developing and managing the IT budget
- Interfacing with external software/hardware vendors as needed
- Managing the activities of IT contractors ensuring that the contractor provides the appropriate contracted services.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information System & 2 years of on the job experience –OR– non-degreed with 5+ years’ related technical experience and certifications.
- Team player and works amicably with all levels of staff
- Communicates well orally and in writing
- Reliable and takes work responsibilities seriously
- Proactive, eager to learn, dedicated to developing his/her professional skills
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, and wireless technologies
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts, VMWare ESXi.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016, SQL Server, Active Directory, SANs, E-mail, Windows 7, 8, and 10, DNS, DHCP, network security, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking devices. CISCO Routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP
- Knowledge of backup systems and procedures.
- A challenging position with a lot of dynamics in a versatile and pleasant working environment with development opportunities.
- A full time employment contract with salary and benefits according to applicable scales.
If you recognize yourself in the above role, we invite you to send us your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to MHReid@llu.edu, attention: Michael Reid.