Monday, January 29, 2018
Monday, January 22, 2018
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
The Antillean Adventist Hospital of Curacao, an island of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea, is a 100-bed hospital offering advanced medical care to the island community. Curacao is known for its beaches tucked into coves and its expansive coral reefs rich with marine life. Curacao is abundant with water sports, sightseeing, great food, and joyous people. If you are looking for a new challenge in a delightful environment then this may be your chance.
Reporting:The Antillean Adventist Hospital (AAH) IT Director will report to the CFO.
Activities:The IT Director will be responsible for providing network, server, and desktop administration services to include:
- Responding to requests for help from the hospital staff
- Conducting user training as needed by hospital staff
- Conducting user account management (creating accounts, assigning privileges, disabling accounts, etc.)
- Performing all server and network administration tasks
- Performing server, application, telephone system backups
- Conducting troubleshooting
- Ensuring that security mechanisms are functioning properly
- Ensuring business continuity and coordinating crash recovery
- Developing and maintaining IT Policies for the hospital
- Developing and executing the IT strategic plan for the hospital
- Developing and managing the IT budget
- Interfacing with external software/hardware vendors as needed
- Managing the activities of IT contractors ensuring that the contractor provides the appropriate contracted services.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information System & 2 years of on the job experience –OR– non-degreed with 5+ years’ related technical experience and certifications.
- Team player and works amicably with all levels of staff
- Communicates well orally and in writing
- Reliable and takes work responsibilities seriously
- Proactive, eager to learn, dedicated to developing his/her professional skills
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, and wireless technologies
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts, VMWare ESXi.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016, SQL Server, Active Directory, SANs, E-mail, Windows 7, 8, and 10, DNS, DHCP, network security, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking devices. CISCO Routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP
- Knowledge of backup systems and procedures.
- A challenging position with a lot of dynamics in a versatile and pleasant working environment with development opportunities.
- A full time employment contract with salary and benefits according to applicable scales.
If you recognize yourself in the above role, we invite you to send us your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to MHReid@llu.edu, attention: Michael Reid.
Posted by Henry at Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Honours/Dean's List Awardees
Magna Cum Laude (3.70-3.89)
- McCalla, Ryan
- Mendez, Johnoy
- Pryce, Trashawn
Cum Laude (3.50-3.69)
- Campbell, Darren
- Campbell, Shevell
- Chandrasekaran, Nikitha
- Grant, Mickalia
- Peart, Avadon
- Whyte, Berthel
- Williams, Renee
- Bicknell, Delroy
- Campbell, Mikhail
- Comrie, Lauriann
- Davidson, Tashanie
- Griffiths, Trelon
- Harvey, Michael
- Hylton, Archie
- James, Jaaleel
- Latchman, Romario
- Linton, Jendayi
- Miller, Dwayne
- Millwood, Teven
- O'Connor, Alex
- Porter, Reshard
- Reid, Dwight
- Roberts, Gary
- Thompson, Eron
- Walker, Ashley
- Williams, Kristoff
- Willie, Edward
- Wilson, Octavia
- Young, Nathanie
Posted by Henry at Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (MIS/IT 5)
Responsible for the development, design installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security implementation for all databases within the Division
- To ensure that data capture and management resources are available and remains consistent across database
- To ensure that data is clearly defined and easily accessible to relevant users
- To ensure that users are able access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- To ensure that provision is made for data security and recovery control
- To Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensive Structured Query Language
- Extensive experience in Database Design and Administration
- Knowledge of SQL Database coding standards and guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS
- Microsoft .Net and SQL Server Administration
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures and Operating systems
- B.Sc. in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution plus 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Diploma in Computer Studies from a recognised Tertiary Institution plus 4 years related work experience
- Salary: $1,587,378.00 - $1,886,895.00 per annum
- Travel Allowance: $707,448 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume NO LATER THAN – Tuesday, October 3, 2017 to the: -
Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & Planning
30 National Heroes Circle
Posted by Henry at Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Posted by Henry at Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
GPS Connect Limited is seeking a candidate for the position of Technical Sales and Support Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- all computer hardware, PC software, operating systems, data communications, and computer operations,
- management of the Auto Technical Support Staff,
- responding to queries from customers and stakeholders,
- obtaining new business and accomplishing business development activities,
- establishing marketing strategies,
- managing products to maximize sales revenues, and
- meeting corporate objectives.
This is a rewarding role for the right person.
Interested persons should send their resume to Patrice Samuels, email@example.com.
GPS Connect Limited is a registered company that offers a Fleet Management product using Geographic Positioning System. It addresses some of the most important reasons to consider a fleet management technology investment, such as:
- Reducing risks for employees and vehicles
- Protecting the business fleet investment
- Saving money through improved operations
- Improving and sustaining overall profitability
Posted by Henry at Thursday, March 16, 2017